[KDE/Mac] Trying to compile Kile on MacOS 10.4.11: Failed at apple-gcc42

Janus janus at rtfm.org.ar
Sat Feb 28 03:49:19 CET 2009

2009/2/28 Orville Bennett <illogical1 at gmail.com>:

>>> Thanks. Sadly, it doesn't work. I compiled without problems
>>> apple-gcc42, and did all the ditto commands as the "Manifesto" says,
>>> also, just in case, I change by hand the gcc symbolic link to point
>>> gcc-apple-4.2.
> Eh? The instructions from the Manifesto should give you plain gcc-4.2
> executables, not gcc-apple-4.2. I think you may have used to incorrect
> portfile (i.e. the one included with macports and not the one from the
> trac ticket). The macports apple-gcc42 port, last I checked, doesn't
> build c++ compilers (so you'll get a gcc-apple-4.2 for instance, but
> no g++-apple-4.2

I don't have any other profile for apple-gcc42 in my macports (I am in
MacOS 10.4.11)

>> When I do port install kdeutils4 to get version 4.2 of kde, I get a
>> really rare error. I am in a PowerBook G4, it has a PPC procesor, and
>> I get the error:
>> [ 93%] Built target OSXScriptLauncher
>> Linking CXX executable ../bin/ccmake
>> /usr/libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: for architecture i386
>> /usr/libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: warning
>> /usr/lib/libcurses.dylib cputype (18, architecture ppc) does not match
>> cputype (7) for specified -arch flag: i386 (file not loaded)
>> /usr/libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: Undefined symbols:
>>
>> Why is it trying to compile i386 code? Where can I modify to don't?
> I'm guessing that you have +universal somewhere in you variants.
> If you're installing from macports though, macports' curses not the
> system's should be used. Seems like you're doing something funky. And
> without more output from the error, I can't help you.

Yes, I have +universal in /opt/local/etc/macports/variants.conf as the
manifesto recomends.
I will take it off and try again (and this time, I will send the
complete error output, sorry).

--
Alejandro Díaz-Caro
PhD Student