[KDE/Mac] Google summer of code 2009 ideas

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Sat Feb 21 11:17:38 CET 2009

On 21 Feb 2009, at 10:11, Jonas Bähr wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Currently, ideas for GSoC2009 are collected here:
> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Summer_of_Code/2009/Ideas
>
> I think we'Re got some interesting tasks too. Here are some wage ideas
> of mine:
> *) Solid Backend for Mac OS X
> *) Strigi (and may be also Nepomuk) backend using Mac OS X's Spotlight
>

> What do you think? Do we have mentoring manpower?

I can maybe mentor a KDE-on-OSX project if no Amarok person takes me
up on my SoC ideas :)

Anyway, wearing my KDE-SoC-admin hat: please update that techbase page
as soon as you guys can with your ideas---we're already getting
interested students who are asking around and beginning to formulate
their proposals, so the earlier you guys can post projects the best
chance you guys have of getting students.

cheers,
leo

---
Leo Franchi				(650) 704 3680