[KDE/Mac] konqueror launches kwrite

O illogical1 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 15:42:25 CET 2009

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 9:09 AM, Chris Jones
<christopher.rob.jones at cern.ch> wrote:
>> Hi,
>

>> Well i'mm not interested in knotify, but I've fixed the kwrite
>> problem by executing
>>
>> for i in /Applications/KDE4/*/Contents/MacOS/* ; do ln -nsf $i
>> `basename $i` ; done
>
> Nice idea, I've been experimenting with something similar myself. For
> the record I personally think we need to do something like this in the
> default installs, to make sure all KDE4 apps are in the user's path,
> as there are a few things which don't work without KDE4 app in the
> PATH. I know 'O' considers this a bug and not something which should
> not be done. Maybe he is correct but my view is different, they may
> well be bugs, but it is just how things are done on linux, and since
> that is the primary KDE platform we should just do the same to
> minimise problems. Also, I personally find it convenient to be able to
> start applications from the CLI.
After actually trying this out (for ark which requires kpartloader in
kpartloader.app to do anything useful) I've changed my mind.
Sort of. I'm still not doing it (myself) for macports. I will try to
incorporate this in the packages from mac.kde.org.
For macports, if anyone else is interested go right ahead, i certainly
won't stop you.

> b.t.w., your command above has a bug in the path, it should be
>
>  > for i in /Applications/MacPorts/KDE4/*/Contents/MacOS/* ; do ln -
> nsf $i `basename $i` ; done
and if someone were adding this to a portfile it should be
for i in ${application_dir}/KDE/*/Contents/MacOS/* ; do ln -nsf $i
`basename $i` ; done
:-)