[KDE/Mac] Compile a program, save a life

O illogical1 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 05:20:14 CET 2009

JM Poure, the kdenlive dude has been ripping his hair out on macports
trying to get kdenlive and friends into macports.
I think he's probably on 10.4 and therefore SOL since I made gcc42
from apple a requirement (whic 10.4 doesn't have).
I believe (or rather he does) that it works with macports' gcc42 port
now and is asking for that to be the new dependency.
Having tried this "back in the day" and not getting it to work I'm not
convinced.
Sooooooo, your mission, should you choose to accept it is to:
i) deactivate all the current kde stuff
ii) make the change in the patch
http://trac.macports.org/ticket/18306#comment:11
iii) install gcc42
a) compile upto kdebase using gcc42 port.
b) try to run dolphin
c) report back w/ success or failure.

If you help out you might get a cookie (or perhaps a shiny new, free
video editor)!