[KDE/Mac] FindQt4 and Mac support

Mike Arthur mike at mikearthur.co.uk
Fri Dec 4 17:35:17 CET 2009

On 3 Dec 2009, at 20:33, Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> Maybe we can think after 4.4 whether there are reasons to increase the
> required version. We'll need a rough survey which version distributions are
> shipping.

There's dependencies for 4.4 on versions of packages that aren't even packaged on Debian yet. It also depends on Qt 4.6 which is a fairly big version jump.

Having a quick look at a few versions currently:
Debian (stable) : 2.6.0
Debian (testing + unstable) : 2.8.0
Ubuntu (intrepid) : 2.6.0
Ubuntu (jaunty) : 2.6.2
Ubuntu (karmic) : 2.6.4
Ubuntu (lucid) : 2.6.4
Fedora 10: 2.6.2
Fedora 11: 2.6.3
Fedora 12: 2.6.4
Fedora Devel: 2.8.0
OpenSUSE 11.0: 2.6.0
OpenSUSE 11.1: 2.6.2
OpenSUSE 11.2: 2.6.4

I also had a look at the diffs for some of the files compared to 2.6.2 (our current required version). Of the files that exist in KDELibs and CMake:
- MacroAddFileDependencies contains only comment differences
- CheckCXXSourceCompiles/Runs contain differences that could just be created by calling the modules with different arguments instead (by handling imported targets before inclusion and adding them to CMAKE_REQUIRED_INCLUDES)

I'll do some more comparisons with other CMake versions at some point.

Hope this was vaguely useful.

Mike Arthur
http://mikearthur.co.uk