[KDE/Mac] What is the suggested KDE distribution?

Sami Cokar sami_cokar at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 29 18:36:56 CEST 2008

> From: mike at mikearthur.co.uk
> Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 16:50:46 +0100
[...]
> Good luck getting non-technical Mac users using Macports rather than a DMG
> with an bundle.

Only speaking for myself and being new to the Mac world from Linux.

My understanding is that both fink and macports are like gentoo -- download source, build, install

I prefer a solution that does not involve installing compilers and building applications.

I'm under the impression that lack of "manpower" across all the various KDE/Mac options is an issue and that while KDE itself does not produce a "distribution", the KDE/Mac seems to be moving in this direction.