[KDE/Mac] New Packages. Almost, but not quite KDE 4.1.2 universal.

Orville Bennett illogical1 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 02:22:49 CEST 2008

On Sep 25, 2008, at 6:18 PM, Jonas Bähr wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am 25.09.2008 um 23:55 schrieb Big O:
>
>> On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 8:32 AM, Carsten Pfeiffer
>> <pfeiffer at kde.org> wrote:

>>> Same here, can't wait to try them out. Did you consider also
>>> packaging
>>> Digikam, btw?
>> I did not consider it. My ultimate plan (yes, there is a fiendish
>> plot
>> behind all this) is to lay the groundwork for others to join in and
>> contribute to KDE/Mac. With all the pain and suffering of setting up
>> and build environment already done, anyone can join in and build the
>> minimal deps and package they're interested in and thereafter
>> maintain
>> it.
>
> Thanks for your packages, I'll try them as soon as possible.
> Now that you have the knowledge, perhaps you (and benjamin) could set
> up a page on techbase.kde.org about *how* to create these packages.
> There is a page [1] describing how to set up the build environment
> and to compile kde from source (which helped my a lot one year ago)
> but there is nothing about how to create packages. Neither for
> individual application bundles (.app's inside .dmg's) (esp.
> interesting for 3rd party software), nor for installer (.pkg's) or
> metapackages (.mpkg's)
> It would be really cool if you could share your knowledge on
> techbase...
>
> [1] http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4/Mac_OS_X
Oh believe me. It's coming. I've had my eye on that particular page
for quite some time.
http://illogic-al.org is where I've started "chronicling" my OS X
adventures. If you want to start out now look at the entries on
getting gcc 4.2 working on 10.4. I'm not even sure if it's necessary
at this point, but it works so i'm happy. Plasma (and therefore
amarok) used to have problems w/ gcc 4.0 compilation so that's why i
did it.