[KDE/Mac] Sane Mac Packages

Big O illogical1 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 15:51:07 CEST 2008

Oh yeah, it's fixed.
Everything below still qualifies. I made it so that the installer
requires that you log out to complete the installation. I'd like to
know if that takes care of dbus starting automatically.
If, after you are logged back in (os x does this automatically for
you) you go to /Applications/KDE4/Amarok.app and click on it, and it
works (doesn't crash) then it worked.

For people who already have old packages installed these might not
work. New folks should have much less problems.

Again http://illogic-al.org/Amarok_X.pkg.dmg should be at least 300 MB.
Enjoyjizzle. Fo' Shizzle.

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 9:50 AM, Big O <illogical1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 8:08 AM, Big O <illogical1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dearly Beloved,
>> We are gathered here today to celebrate the joining together of a sane
>> installation procedure with kde/mac packages.
>> For those who had to struggle with clicking and installing 50 separate
>> packages and then putting in your password 50 separate times,
>> salvation is at hand. Your patience has been rewarded. Your testing
>> has not been in vain. Well, at least for the people running leopard on
>> intel macs :-)
>>
>> @Amarok
>> Guinea pigs start your engines. Testers I mean. Same warnings apply as
>> last time.
>> This'll hose your macports installation (not really but for
>> simplicity's sake let's just say it will. That way if it does you
>> can't say I didn't warn you).
>> Possible conflicts between qt4-mac's and kde's phonon. Let me know if
>> the installer dies and where. I won't be able to test this myself till
>> I get back from work today.
>> I've included a script to create a mime-database which is necessary
>> for icons and stuff. It runs w/ superuser permissions so if you don't
>> trust me don't install (or wait for someone else to say it works :-) )
>> As usual I'm uploading this before I head off to work. Final location
>> will be http://illogic-al.org/Amarok_X.pkg.dmg
>> Wait about an hour from the time the list receives this message. Final
>> size should be MB.
>> If anything breaks it's all Leo's fault. Enjoy. :-D
> I just tested and sure enough, something (two things) broke.
> DO NOT INSTALL. it just put crap in / where it doesn't belong. I'll
> fix in 8 hours or so.
> --
> All your gmail are belong to us.

Yep! I really said that. I have no shame.

--
All your gmail are belong to us.