[KDE/Mac] qt4-mac and kdelibs4 error

Marco Calviani marco.calviani at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 17:34:57 CEST 2008

Hi Brian,
  i'm using MacOS X 10.5.4 and there is the output:

DEBUG: Found port in file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/
theiggy.com/ports/4.1-svn/kde4/kdelibs
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/
theiggy.com/ports/4.1-svn/kde4/kdelibs
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port kdelibs4.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port kdelibs4.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port kdelibs4.
DEBUG: Found port in file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/
theiggy.com/ports/4.1-svn/aqua/qt4-mac
DEBUG: Found port in file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/
rsync.macports.org/release/ports/aqua/qt4-mac
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/
theiggy.com/ports/4.1-svn/aqua/qt4-mac
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port qt4-mac.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port qt4-mac.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port qt4-mac.
DEBUG: Executing variant dbus provides dbus
DEBUG: Executing variant nophonon provides nophonon
DEBUG: Executing variant ssl provides ssl
DEBUG: Executing variant docs provides docs
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: qt4-mac
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for qt4-mac
DEBUG: Found port in file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/
theiggy.com/ports/4.1-svn/devel/strigi
DEBUG: Found port in file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/
rsync.macports.org/release/ports/devel/strigi
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/
theiggy.com/ports/4.1-svn/devel/strigi
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port strigi.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port strigi.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port strigi.
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: strigi
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for strigi
DEBUG: Found port in file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/
rsync.macports.org/release/ports/graphics/giflib
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/
rsync.macports.org/release/ports/graphics/giflib
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port giflib.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port giflib.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port giflib.
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: giflib
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for giflib
DEBUG: Found port in file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/
rsync.macports.org/release/ports/devel/shared-mime-info
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/
rsync.macports.org/release/ports/devel/shared-mime-info
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port shared-mime-info.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port shared-mime-info.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port shared-mime-info.
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: shared-mime-info
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for shared-mime-info
DEBUG: Found port in file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/
theiggy.com/ports/4.1-svn/kde4/phonon
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/
theiggy.com/ports/4.1-svn/kde4/phonon
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port phonon.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port phonon.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port phonon.
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: phonon
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for phonon
DEBUG: Found port in file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/
rsync.macports.org/release/ports/devel/pcre
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/
rsync.macports.org/release/ports/devel/pcre
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port pcre.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port pcre.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port pcre.
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: pcre
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for pcre
DEBUG: Found port in file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/
rsync.macports.org/release/ports/devel/cmake
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/
rsync.macports.org/release/ports/devel/cmake
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port cmake.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port cmake.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port cmake.
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: cmake
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for cmake
DEBUG: Found port in file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/
theiggy.com/ports/4.1-svn/kde4/automoc
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/
theiggy.com/ports/4.1-svn/kde4/automoc
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port automoc.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port automoc.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port automoc.
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: automoc
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for automoc
DEBUG: Skipping completed org.macports.main (kdelibs4)
DEBUG: Skipping completed org.macports.fetch (kdelibs4)
DEBUG: Skipping completed org.macports.checksum (kdelibs4)
DEBUG: setting option extract.cmd to /opt/local/bin/bzip2
DEBUG: Skipping completed org.macports.extract (kdelibs4)
DEBUG: Skipping completed org.macports.patch (kdelibs4)
--->  Configuring kdelibs4
DEBUG: Executing proc-pre-org.macports.configure-configure-0
DEBUG: Executing org.macports.configure (kdelibs4)
DEBUG: Using compiler 'Mac OS X gcc 4.0'
DEBUG: Environment: CFLAGS='-O2' CPPFLAGS='-I/opt/local/include'
CXXFLAGS='-O2' CPP='/usr/bin/cpp-4.0' CXX='/usr/bin/g++-4.0' F90FLAGS='-O2'
LDFLAGS='-L/opt/local/lib' FCFLAGS='-O2' OBJC='/usr/bin/gcc-4.0'
INSTALL='/usr/bin/install' OBJCFLAGS='-O2' FFLAGS='-O2'
CC='/usr/bin/gcc-4.0'
DEBUG: Assembled command: 'cd
"/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_theiggy.com_ports_4.1-svn_kde4_kdelibs/work/build"
&& cmake --prefix=/opt/local ../kdelibs-svn-4.1-branch-r854948
-DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS:BOOL=ON -DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE:BOOL=ON
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/opt/local -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugFull
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_NAME_DIR:STRING=/opt/local/lib/
-DCMAKE_BUILD_WITH_INSTALL_RPATH:BOOL=ON -Wno-dev'
-- Found Qt-Version 4.4.1 (using /opt/local/bin/qmake)
-- Found Automoc4: /opt/local/bin/automoc4
-- Found Perl: /opt/local/bin/perl
-- Building kdelibs...
-- Found KDE4 kconfig_compiler preprocessor:
/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_theiggy.com_ports_4.1-svn_kde4_kdelibs/work/build/bin/./kconfig_compiler.shell
-- Found automoc4: /opt/local/bin/automoc4
-- Found Strigi >= 0.5.9
-- Found Strigi: /opt/local/lib/libstreams.dylib
-- Found Libintl: /usr/local/include
-- Could not find Soprano includes.
-- Could not find Soprano library.
CMake Error at kdecore/network/ConfigureChecks.cmake:19 (message):
  KDE Requires Qt to be built with SSL support
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  kdecore/CMakeLists.txt:12 (include)

-- Could not find OPTIONAL package FAM
-- Found Flex: /opt/local/bin/flex 2.5.35
-- Found GSSAPI: -dynamic -O2 -Wl,-search_paths_first -lgssapi_krb5 -lkrb5
-lk5crypto -lcom_err -lresolv
-- Could not find OPTIONAL package HSPELL
-- KDE CMake PKGCONFIG macro indicates that enchant is not installed on your
computer.
-- Install the package which contains enchant.pc if you want to support this
feature.
-- Could not find OPTIONAL package ENCHANT
-- Found JPEG: /opt/local/lib/libjpeg.dylib
-- Found PNG: /opt/local/lib/libpng.dylib
-- Found JPEG: /opt/local/lib/libjpeg.dylib
-- Found Jasper: /opt/local/lib/libjasper.dylib
-- Found OPENEXR:
/opt/local/lib/libImath.dylib;/opt/local/lib/libIlmImf.dylib;/opt/local/lib/libIex.dylib;/opt/local/lib/libHalf.dylib;/opt/local/lib/libIlmThread.dylib
-- Could not find OPTIONAL package Avahi
-- Found DNSSD: /usr/lib/libSystem.dylib
-- The following external packages were located on your system.
-- This installation will have the extra features provided by these
packages.
+ BZip2
+ OpenSSL
+ Libintl
+ OpenGL
+ PCRE
+ GSSAPI
+ Aspell
+ JasPer
+ OpenEXR
+ DNSSD
-- The following OPTIONAL packages could NOT be located on your system.
-- Consider installing them to enable more features from this software.
+ Soprano, 2.0.97: Soprano Libraries <kdesupport>
Provide metadata support (for semantic desktop).
+ FAM: File Alteration Monitor <http://oss.sgi.com/projects/fam>
Provides file alteration notification facilities using a separate service.
+ HSpell: Hebrew spell checker <http://ivrix.org.il/projects/spell-checker/>
Provides spell checking for Hebrew.
+ Enchant: Enchant Package <http://www.abisource.com/projects/enchant/>
Provides a way to access many spell checking backends.
+ Avahi: For Linux and BSDs: a system which facilitates service discovery on
a local network, based on the Zeroconf standard <http://avahi.org>
Enables KDE applications access to multicast DNS/DNS-SD service discovery.

-- Configuring done
Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure: shell
command " cd
"/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_theiggy.com_ports_4.1-svn_kde4_kdelibs/work/build"
&& cmake --prefix=/opt/local ../kdelibs-svn-4.1-branch-r854948
-DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS:BOOL=ON -DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE:BOOL=ON
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/opt/local -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugFull
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_NAME_DIR:STRING=/opt/local/lib/
-DCMAKE_BUILD_WITH_INSTALL_RPATH:BOOL=ON -Wno-dev " returned error 1
Command output: --
[...]

Warning: the following items did not execute (for kdelibs4):
org.macports.activate org.macports.configure org.macports.build
org.macports.destroot org.macports.install

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 4:19 PM, Brian Jackson <iggy at theiggy.com> wrote:

> Can you paste more of your output? You may have to install kdelibs
> with -d (sudo port -d install kdelibs4) to see all of it.
>
> What version of OS X are you on?
>

> On Sep 4, 2008, at 6:27 AM, Marco Calviani wrote:
>
> > Dear list,
> >   i'm trying to install kdelibs4 under macports. I've installed qt4-
> > mac with the ssl option
> >
> > ---
> > qt4-mac @4.4.1_0+dbus+docs+nophonon+ssl (active)
> > ---
> >
> > but when installing kdelibs4 i'm getting this error:
> >
> > CMake Error at kdecore/network/ConfigureChecks.cmake:19 (message):
> >   KDE Requires Qt to be built with SSL support
> > Call Stack (most recent call first):
> >   kdecore/CMakeLists.txt:12 (include)
> >
> > [..]
> >
> > -- Configuring done
> > Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure:
> > shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/
> > _opt_local_var_macports_sources_theiggy.com_ports_4.1-
> > svn_kde4_kdelibs/work/build" && cmake --prefix=/opt/local ../kdelibs-
> > svn-4.1-branch-r854948 -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS:BOOL=ON -
> > DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE:BOOL=ON -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/opt/
> > local -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugFull -DCMAKE_INSTALL_NAME_DIR:STRING=/
> > opt/local/lib/ -DCMAKE_BUILD_WITH_INSTALL_RPATH:BOOL=ON -Wno-dev "
> > returned error 1
> > Command output: --
> >
> > [..]
> >
> > Warning: the following items did not execute (for kdelibs4):
> > org.macports.activate org.macports.configure org.macports.build
> > org.macports.destroot org.macports.install
> > Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
> >

> > Am i missing something?
> >
> > With best regards,
> > Marco

Will I dream? Of course you will. All intelligent beings dream.