[KDE/Mac] New Packages. Almost, but not quite KDE 4.1.2 universal.

William Holland will at willholland.co.uk
Sat Oct 4 13:51:15 CEST 2008

Thanks,  I guessed it was just running setup scripts...

I've re-installed from the individual packages however I still have the same
problem - mime-types misbehaving.

Amarok gives the message:
No Mime types installed.  Check that shared-mime-info is installed and
XDG_DATA_DIRS is not set, or includes /usr/share

Running kbuildsycoa4 give errors similar to:
kbuildsycoca4(4568)
KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "gvpart.desktop" specifies
undefined mimetype/servicetype "image/jp2"
kbuildsycoca4(4568)
KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "gvpart.desktop" specifies
undefined mimetype/servicetype "image/png"

I've tried removing:
/opt/local
/Applications/KDE4

and killing all kde processes I can find before installing the 4 packages.

Is there anything I am missing to completeing a clean uninstall (other than
Library/KDE4 which as far as I am aware only holds my config/personal data)

Should there be any env variables set?  Should my $PATH
include /opt/local/bin ?

Anything else obvious that I could have missed?

Thanks for any help.

Will
  --

P.S. I'm running os x 10.5.4 on a macbook.