[KDE/Mac] kdebase-runtime installation error

Big O illogical1 at gmail.com
Fri May 30 18:31:42 CEST 2008

I tried installing kdebase-runtime.pkg after installing kdeprereqs
kdesupport, kdelibs, kdepimlibs and kdebase.
I got an error which says
Install Failed
The Installer could not install some files in "/".
Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

Other wise the packages installed fine. Something I just noticed.
There is now a "-" folder in my root directory and a "tmp-cube" folder
in /opt/kde4. I don't know if that's related to the kdebase-runtime
error or if one of the other packages created it though.
"cube" is the name of this laptop btw. and both of the aforementioned
directories can't be entered by my normal user because of privileges
problems. Looks like there're a few kinks in the installer packages
yet left to work out.