[KDE/Mac] Torrent Download issues

William Holland will at willholland.co.uk
Sun Jun 29 21:19:40 CEST 2008

Hi,

I've a couple of issues that I have with the 4.1-beta1 I downloaded over
torrent recently:

1. icons don't appear
2. running: sudo /opt/kde4-deps/bin/update-kde-mac.sh
fails with an error:
kbuildsycoca4(659)
KBuildServiceFactory::populateServiceTypes: "kxsldbg_part.desktop" specifies
undefined mimetype/servicetype "text/x-c++"
kbuildsycoca4(659)/kdecore (KService)
KBuildServiceFactory::collectInheritedServices: parent mimetype not
found: "text/xml"
kbuildsycoca4(659) KMimeFileParser::parseGlobs: Now
parsing "/opt/kde4/share/mime/globs"
kbuildsycoca4(659) KMimeFileParser::parseGlobs: Now
parsing "/opt/kde4-deps/share/mime/globs"
kbuildsycoca4: ERROR writing database '/Users/will/.kde/share/mimelnk'!
kbuildsycoca4: Disk full?

My disk is not full, and the Directory reported changes to one level below
where I manually create the directories - therefore I think there's a problem
with a mkdir in this.

3. when I click on an "open file" or "save file" the applications hang, then
quit - this is true for kate and konqueror - I've not tried any others yet.

I ran the: chmod a+x *.pkg/Contents/Resources/postflight command before
running, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Thanks,

Will