[KDE/Mac] kde4.1 MacPorts available

Vittorio Giovara vittorio.giovara at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 13:07:30 CEST 2008

ok here is the feedback i promised to provide
first of all i must say that i had some difficulties in building the qt4-mac
as they interruped abruptly when installing; only after a couple of macports
reinstall i managed to make it work
moreover standard qt4-mac is not enough! they MUST be build with +ssl
support: maybe we should file a ticket asking to set that variant by default

That was my plan and this requirement is in the README file in the tarball.

ops, i used a very early version of the tarball then! anyway, i'm with you
on this

- kdebase-runtime does NOT compile properly with the phonon support of qt4;
to make it work you have to install the standalone phonon

It actually works for me. Which is why I didn't make it a dependency (that
and it stomps on qt4-mac, so it requires manual intervention).

Umh, nope, i tried again but with no success, i have to install phonon
separately! see below for my system conf
here is the error printed http://nopaste.org/p/aR70hwDxh

about the applications

- konqueror doesn't file the relative html library so no browsing is
supported

I can browse here. What version of osx are you running? This might be fixed
by the below or by running kbuildsycoca manually.

I have OS X 10.5.4 with Xcode 3.1; running kbuilsycoca helped, now it
browses folder and on internet, but the interface is still a little messed
up
Maybe we should automate this process with macports: is there a way to
execute program after compilation in the portfile?

- like every other application there is a strange error about dbus

      Could not start process Cannot talk to klauncher: Not connected to
D-BUS server.

Get the latest copy of my tarball and remove dbus and reinstall it.

Yes now it works

if you want my opinion the best kde4 version was the first beta :-D
everything run smoothly with icons and programs didn't crash randomly
i guess we'll have to wait some more for full mac support

so, is ther beta torrent still up somewhere?
Cheers
Vittorio