[KDE/Mac] Boost.Python and Cmake on Mac

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 21:05:14 CEST 2008

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 3:12 PM, Geoffrey Hutchison
<geoff at geoffhutchison.net> wrote:
>  1) On the Mac, you usually have to install Boost separately (e.g.,
>  from source). At the moment, I have /usr/local/include/boost-1_34_1
>  for headers. I do not see any sort of pkg-config file which would
>  indicate how you would find this (other than looking in various
>  include directories for names starting with boost*).
>
>  This prevents this line from working in FindBoostPython.cmake:
>  check_include_file_cxx(boost/shared_ptr.hpp HAVE_BOOST_SHARED_PTR_HPP)
>
>  Everything else in the Cmake module relies on this test. Is there a
>  good way to look for this? It seems like it'd need some sort of
>  wildcard include search.

You can set up the include and library path that cmake looks for on the command
line when you execute it.  It's a normal path so if you have multiple entries
separate them with the path separator for your platform (: on unix/os
x, ; on windows).
For example:

CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/local/lib \
CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH=/opt/local/include \