[kde-linux] libqdeclarative, Debian dist-upgrade

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Tue Jun 21 08:35:57 UTC 2016

On Tuesday, 2016-06-21, 10:23:21, David Baron wrote:
> Are the libqdeclarative components no longer needed? Debian sid dist-upgrade
> will remove this.
>
> Allowing this removable, numerous libkf5 components and libqt version 5.6
> components now become upgradable. Is this stuff ready to play?

I think something like this needs to be asked on a distribution specific list,
as the package might have been renamed or included in some other package, etc.

But as far as I can guess from my own Debian system's apt-cache search
results, the qtdeclartive-xyz packages have been renamed to qml-module-xyz,
e.g.

qtdeclarative5-window-plugin - transitional dummy package for Qt 5 window 2
QML module

became

qml-module-qtquick-window2 - Qt 5 window 2 QML module

If you look at

apt-cache show qtdeclarative5-window-plugin

it will say: "This is a transitional dummy package which can be safely
removed."

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring