[kde-linux] Where is the KDE Trash Can?

Dale rdalek1967 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 17:55:57 UTC 2016

Wolfgang Mueller wrote:
> I run digiKam 4.6.0 on KDE 4.14.9 under SuSE 13.2
>
> Today, I deleted three photos with digiKam.  As the digikam manual
> says that they have been moved to the KDE Trash Can, I wonder where
> this trash can is.  The KDE manual does not tell it.
>
> Has anyone of you an idea where I can find it.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Wolfgang

I'm on Gentoo but they should be all the same.  Mine is on the Desktop
or in /home/<user>/Desktop.  Like this:

dale at fireball ~/Desktop $ ls /home/dale/Desktop/trash.desktop
-rwx------ 1 dale users 4810 Feb  7  2014 /home/dale/Desktop/trash.desktop
dale at fireball ~/Desktop $

Keep in mind, that is really just a file even tho it works as a
folder/directory.  If you drop a file on it, it puts it in the trash.
Where things really go, not real sure honestly.  I've never looked.  If
you use Dolphin etc as a file manager, this URL should get you there:

trash:/

Hope that helps.

Dale

:-)  :-)