[kde-linux] how to get kde applications version with commandline

yahoo-pier_andreit pier_andreit at yahoo.it
Mon Feb 29 04:33:49 UTC 2016

On 27/02/16 19:29, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Saturday, 2016-02-27, 18:53:59, yahoo-pier_andreit wrote:
>
>> many thanks duncan,  :-) , sorry, but I intend KDE application as one of
>> the three branch in whitch kde splitted itself as KDE-framework and plasma.
>> so with kf5-config --version I get version of kde-framework
>> and with plasmashell --version I get the version of plasma
>> which is the command to get the version of KDE-applications???
>
> By querying --version of an application, e.g.
> kate --version
> dolphin --version
> ark --version
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

hi kevin, it doesn't work ... :-)  :-)  :-)

googling in august 2015 kde applications was:
KDE Ships KDE Applications 15.08.0
and I cannot see any bigger or similar to this

pla at suseST-pla:~> kate --version
Qt: 4.8.6
KDE Development Platform: 4.14.17
Kate: 3.14.17
pla at suseST-pla:~> dolphin --version
dolphin 15.12.2
pla at suseST-pla:~> ark --version
Qt: 4.8.6
KDE Development Platform: 4.14.17
Ark: 2.19
pla at suseST-pla:~> konsole --version
Qt: 4.8.6
KDE Development Platform: 4.14.17
Konsole: 2.14.2
pla at suseST-pla:~> systemsettings5 --version
systemsettings 5.5.4
pla at suseST-pla:~>