[kde-linux] how to get kde applications version with commandline

yahoo-pier_andreit pier_andreit at yahoo.it
Sat Feb 27 17:53:59 UTC 2016

On 27/02/16 06:06, Duncan wrote:
> yahoo-pier_andreit posted on Sat, 27 Feb 2016 03:56:06 +0100 as excerpted:
>
>> I'm using opensuse leap 42.1 and I would like to have a way to know kde
>> applications version using commandline.
>> how Ican get this??
>
> In most cases, like this (using konsole as my example, no idea what the
> qapplication object complaint is about, but the versions are returned and
> konsole works just fine =:^) :
>
> $ konsole --version
> QCoreApplication::arguments: Please instantiate the QApplication object
> first
> Qt: 5.5.1
> KDE Frameworks: 5.19.0
> Konsole: 15.12.1
>
> $ kwin_x11 --version
> kwin 5.5.4
>
> (That doesn't give the frameworks or qt version, but it does give kwin
> version.)

many thanks duncan,  :-) , sorry, but I intend KDE application as one of
the three branch in whitch kde splitted itself as KDE-framework and plasma.
so with kf5-config --version I get version of kde-framework
and with plasmashell --version I get the version of plasma
which is the command to get the version of KDE-applications???
...manythanks again, ciao, pier  :-)  :-)