Cannot get the Login Screen sddm to work

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 13 23:07:31 UTC 2016

Hi,

hopefully somebody using sddm is able to help you.

Good luck!
Ralf

PS:

With lighdm there aren't issues. This is what I've got installed for my
Ubuntu 16.04:

[root at archlinux moonstudio]# systemd-nspawn -q dpkg -l *tdm*|grep ii
ii  liblightdm-gobject-1-0:amd64 1.18.2-0ubuntu2 amd64        LightDM GObject client library
ii  lightdm                      1.18.2-0ubuntu2 amd64        Display Manager
ii  lightdm-gtk-greeter          2.0.1-2ubuntu4  amd64        simple display manager (GTK+ greeter)

Maybe you should install the same display manager. I don't know how the
Ubuntu auto-start policy is handled, if several display managers are
installed, so disable sddm and enable lightdm, IOW run

  sudo -i
  systemctl disable sddm
  apt-get update && apt-get install lightdm{,-gtk-greeter}
  systemctl enable lightdm

After that restart the computer and by clicking one of the icons, there
should be a menu, where you can chose the session.