[kde-linux] Download Wallpapers not working after cleanup of pre-Plasma stuff

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 23:35:30 UTC 2016

A few weeks ago Gentoo pushed out KDE Plasma for those of us in the lower
classes. I did my updates and got it working with a bit of help from some
other lists. I did not however clean up all the older KDE stuff until
today. Having done that work today a problem has revealed itself -
downloading new wallpapers doesn't work.

When I right-click the desktop and choose Desktop Settings the main page is
Wallpapers and I see 14 images. Bottom right has the Get New Wallpapers
button which I click. The new window opens and watching progress it says:

and then finishes with

Some categories are missing

At this point nothing new is available. Category: says All Categories, and
there are some options underneath, but choosing them does nothing and
entering a search phrase does nothing.

Is this a known problem and if so is there a solution?

It was working prior to the cleanup today so I suspect the new KDE was
using older KDE stuff.

Ideas appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark