[kde-linux] ME/CFS

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 7 20:47:42 UTC 2015

As many long term members of this list may know, I was unceremoniously
kicked out of the KDE project.  I think that I was acting strange; it is
difficult to remember.

I have a problem: ME/CFS.

That is Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

I mention this now because after many years, the medical establishment
has finally decided that it is a real disease and is trying to find the
cause and perhaps a cure.

https://prevention.nih.gov/programs-events/pathways-to-prevention/workshops/me-cfs

Note that there are a lot of other symptoms, some somewhat strange that
have been documented.  Some of which I appear to have.

Someone has even made a documentary film about it, so perhaps the
general public will gain some understanding of it.

https://youtu.be/VsQcmKT3zSo

To make things worse, I had a minor stroke in the Left Parietal Lobe of
my brain and this may have accounted for some strange behavior and
memory issues.

So, I have a disabling illness and I consider myself disabled.  I note
to the KDE organization that the USA has Federal Laws forbidding
discrimination against the disabled and I believe that they have
discriminated against me and what the law calls failed to make
reasonable accommodations for my disability.  I don't know how that
works out for a foreign corporation, but they do appear to be doing
business in the USA.

I am taking medication for both ME/CFS and the stroke and have been
doing some better.  However, I do still have this tendency to channel
Steve Jobs which I presume that some of the KDE developers would have
serious problems with.

So, since I am feeling better, I might risk posting bug reports again
and hope that developers don't say something to the effect that I am not
allowed to post bug reports, reopen MY bugs, or post patches to fix bugs.

James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch