[kde-linux] How to permanently disable a KDE startup service? It keeps restarting even after disabled.

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Thu Jul 23 08:29:06 UTC 2015

Ralf Mardorf posted on Thu, 23 Jul 2015 06:49:13 +0200 as excerpted:

> On Thu, 23 Jul 2015 04:01:35 +0000 (UTC), Duncan wrote:
>>Dmt Ops posted on Wed, 22 Jul 2015 08:19:36 -0700 as excerpted:
>>
>>> I need to permanently disable a KDE startup service, the "Input
>>> Actions daemon".
>>
>>Replied on the kde-general list...
>
> Thank you, so nobody subscribed to this list, were the request was
> posted, is able to read your reply, since the archive isn't open.
>
> https://mail.kde.org/mailman/private/kde/

I read both lists (and many more) as newsgroups, via gmane's list2news
service.  It has both lists archived and available via both the news and
web interfaces.  Since kde.general is alphabetically before kde.linux, I
read and replied to the .general group/list post first, so when I saw the
same question posted to .linux as well, I simply referred the poster back
to the other list, where I had replied.

But as your reply indirectly points out, that leaves other readers of
this list only a bit in the lurch, so here's a link to the thread in that
archive (web interface):

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.general/27893

Summary of my reply (which isn't a direct answer) there: I'm still on
kde4, but wonder if it's a service dependency issue (something else
that's started wants/needs it).  I had a similar problem with akonadi
still starting after I had switched from kmail after it jumped the akonadi
shark (4.6/4.7 era).  I never figured out what triggered that, but ended
up dumping akregator and anything else kdepim related as a result and
eradicating both it and akonadi from my system.  It can't start if it's
not installed! =:^)