[kde-linux] Persistent Passwords in Kmail?

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Wed Aug 5 14:54:25 UTC 2015

On Wednesday, 2015-08-05, 17:29:08, David Baron wrote:
> Every time the Internet connection expires and reconnects, I have to reenter
> passwords to kmail. Or to kwallet if this is in use and working. This is an
> unholy pain.
>
> How can I make the passwords persistent?

Hmm, that should be the default when using KWallet.
Maybe the access rules on the wallet did not grant the application permanent
access.

I only ever provide my wallet password on login and I have granted all
applications that accessed KWallet at some point (KMail, POP3 resource, IMAP
resource, etc.) permanent access rights.

Never seen an account password request in over a decade I think :)

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring