[kde-linux] KDE Config Problem

Robert Rea gapetard at stsams.org
Sun Sep 21 21:03:21 UTC 2014

On Sunday, September 21, 2014 12:42:08 PM Mark Knecht wrote:
> As for the question, I'm not totally clear what you mean by 'different
> colors' and additionally configuration of KDE seems to change from
> version to version it's not always easy to find where an old feature
> was. I'm using kde-meta-4.12.5 on Gentoo. YMMV. That said I suspect
> what you might want is
>
> System Settings -> Workspace Behavior  -> Virtual Desktops
>
> and then choose 'Different Widgets for each Desktop'. I think that
> allows you to change the wallpaper for each desktop which is the
> closest thing I know to what you are asking about.
> HTH,
> Mark
Boy, did it ever. The operative clue was widgets. These are totally new to me
and I need to get to reading help about the plasma desktop and widgets.
Default desktop settings let me set different background colors for my
desktops. Much easier to find my way. Thanks for helping a noob to this stuff.

--
Bob Rea
mailto:gapetard at stsams.org
http://www.petard.us
http://www.petard.us/blog
http://www.petard.us/gallery

America, it was a wonderful country
        until they took it private
        and turned it into a theme park of itself