[kde-linux] KDE-4.14.0 doesn't work

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Sat Sep 13 00:50:12 UTC 2014

Ralf Mardorf posted on Fri, 12 Sep 2014 15:52:28 +0200 as excerpted:

> This mail [1] didn't came through the list. JFTR I'm using 64-bit
> architecture too, but I guess the OP was talking about AMD CPUs and not
> about the used software architecture.
>
> [1]

It shows amd64 aka x86_64 arch/instruction-set.  However:

grep -i amd /proc/cpuinfo gives me six of these:

vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
model name      : AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor

So it is indeed amd. =:^)

But JT says it was a gcc optimization issue, more in the reply to him on
that, next...