[kde-linux] Problem Installing Older Distro

Bob Rea gapetard at stsams.org
Fri Sep 12 16:34:07 UTC 2014

I recently acquired a Lenovo 515 Desktop. I tried to install 11.3 which I
had downloaded a while back and accidentally blew away Windows 8.1, which
was an ugly mess. One I got it installed and running KDE, it set the
resolution of the Dell P990. No other resolution is available. This means
that the viewport is too small. Some apps I have scroll bars and others
not. I am managing to download 13.1, which was impossible on Windows for
some reason. I have no other computer.

Has anyone else had suck a problem, and if so, how have you dealt with it.

And maybe I could use some live help in the Atlanta US area, specifically
Norcross, GA.

Bob Rea