[kde-linux] Multiple konsoles side-by-side please?

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Sat Jan 25 06:26:53 UTC 2014

On 01/25/2014 01:07 AM, Duncan wrote:
> Mark Knecht posted on Fri, 24 Jan 2014 16:04:55 -0800 as excerpted:
>
>> In a recent update to KDE on my Gentoo machine it seems that a
>> second copy of konsole no longer comes up to the side of the existing
>> konsole but rather is directly on top. What "More Actions->Special
>> Windows Setting" feature might I set so that they come up side-by-side?
>>
>> Currently nothing seems to be set but that's also true for all
>> other apps I've looked at and I do get side-by-side or at least spread
>> out for all other apps. (Chrome, Dolphin, etc.)
>>
>> This is stable KDE on Gentoo - kde-meta-4.11.2-r1

/snip/

I read the post, and don't understand it. I am running kde 4.11.5 on
pclos 64-bit,
and when I snap on the console thumbnail in the panel a second time, I get
a second console window, distinct from the first, sizable and movable just
like the first one. Either one can be sized and moved individually, so
side-by-side is no problem at all.  I don't have to do anything special,
except
in my Configuration setup, I have turned off almost all screen effects,
which
I don't like and don't want. Maybe that's a clue for you.

--doug