[kde-linux] Problem with libreoffice

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 2 11:55:20 UTC 2014

On Tue, 02 Dec 2014 12:35:56 +0100
Kevin Krammer <krammer at kde.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday, 2014-12-02, 12:26:39, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > On Tue, 02 Dec 2014 12:10:40 +0100
> >
> > Kevin Krammer <krammer at kde.org> wrote:
> > > You are trying to run libreoffice as root?
> >
> > The OP runs it as root for testing purpose, since it doesn't start
> > for the OP's user account.
>
> So what is the actual problem?

I suspect it doesn't start and there's no output when running it as user
in a terminal emulation, at least this is how I'm interpreting the
original request [1]. As we can see libreoffice was launched from the
user's account (seemingly on KDE) and the user pushed Ctrl+C to exit it
and there are no messages between launching and exiting. Perhaps the OP
doesn't ask the smart way, maybe it's the wrong mailing list and likely
gdb output would be useful, no cross-posting would be better either, but
IMO it's quiet understandable what the OP experiences. I assume the
OP's mail's header provides info about the kernel, KDE, unfortunately
not about the version of libreoffice.

[1]
Begin forwarded message: