[kde-linux] KMail2, more

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Tue May 21 21:15:46 UTC 2013

David Baron posted on Tue, 21 May 2013 17:22:08 +0300 as excerpted:

> The Akonadi Kmail Mail folder resource is quite flakey, go "off line,"
> redded out very frequently requiring restarting kde.
>
> Removing this resource (cannot be done from kmail itself) and placing a
> local kmail maildir gives a better behaved access to the same folders.
>
> However, now, there is transportation problem deleting message from my
> own imap and had problems sending as well.<!DOCTYPE HTML

Please turn off the HTML for posting to mailing lists...

Many users have found the new akonadified kmail2 simply not worth the
headaches it is causing them, and have switched to something else.

The gtk-based claws-mail is quite a popular choice and what I chose here,
to great effect. (Ironically, back in 2002 when I first switched to
Linux, my mail client choice came down to the then sylpheed claws, now
claws-mail, and kmail.  Had I made the other choice, I'd have never had
to change back to it about a decade later.)

Others have found gnome's evolution or mozilla's thunderbird to be a
better choice for them.  As they say, YMMV.