[kde-linux] Move my user account to a new machine

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 21:11:43 UTC 2013

Hi,
   I'm in the process of moving to a new machine as my day-to-day
platform. I want to verify what I need to do to ensure the minimum
number of problems with my KDE user account. The things that come to
mind for me are:

1) Make sure any user specific values in /etc/group & /etc/passwd are
duplicated and use the same numeric values.

2) rsync /home/mark on the current machine to the new machine

   I'm Gentoo-based and have already been through ensuring that world
files, /etc/portage and other such stuff is consistent. Just looking
for any other KDE specific things I should look out for.

Thanks in advance,
Mark