[kde-linux] Can I move/copy my KDE config for display:0 to display:1 ?

Mun Johl Mun.Johl at emulex.com
Wed Mar 20 22:59:54 UTC 2013

Hi,

My Platform:
   Red Hat Enterprise Linux Client release 5.9 (Tikanga)
   Qt: 3.3.6
   KDE: 3.5.4-26.el5_7.1 Red Hat

For reasons out of my control, I have to switch the VNC display I use
for my connection from display:0 to something other than :0 .  The
trouble is that if I connect to display:1 (for example) my KDE
configuration does not apply and I get a default KDE session.

Is there a way I can "copy" or "move" my display :0 configuration to
display :1 ?  Ideally, I would want my KDE settings to be used no matter
what display number I use.  That seems to work with NX connections for
some reason which I don't understand; but not with VNC.

Thanks.

--
Mun