[kde-linux] VNC unacceptably slow for this VNC newbie.

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Sat Jan 26 19:55:35 UTC 2013

Hi Mark,

When I VNC across the Internet, I run a super light weight Window
Manager (twm) and Xvnc on the remote box.   As it is across the
Internet, I ssh and set up a tunnel.   On my local box I vnc to the
local port using "copyrect tight zlib hextile" options and it all works
in real time.   I haven't tested the options I mentioned individually
and they might not make a difference but iirc the man page suggested
they might help.  :)
---
pablo on my mobile device