[kde-linux] Kget "My Downloads" [Is this MS Windows?]

Dale rdalek1967 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 08:16:04 UTC 2013

James Tyrer wrote:

> I may have acted strange in the past few years due to a stroke, but I
> still have SJS (Steve Jobs Syndrome) and I was born that way.  I just
> have this strange idea that things should work very well, not just 80%
> to 90% and I would like to see KDE develop a release process that could
> produce a 99% working product as well as producing new nifty features.

I can't pass this up.  ;-)  Just when KDE3 was getting pretty darn good,
they dropped it.  I figure KDE4 will end up the same way too.  Just when
they get everything ginning along really good, drop it. I don't mind
working out a few minor issues here and there but I was VERY displeased
with them dropping KDE3 way before KDE4 was anywhere near ready.  I kept
using KDE3 for a good while since almost nothing worked in KDE4, for me
at least.  Luckily Gentoo kept KDE3 up as long as it did.

I've said this before, if KDE repeats this process again, I may be
switching to something a little more dependable during switching.  It's
not like I don't have any options either.   I have people that depend on
me to be online and if I can't depend on my GUI, they can't depend on me
either.

Let's hope this thing works out better this time.

Dale

:-)  :-)