[kde-linux] Kget "My Downloads" [Is this MS Windows?]

Dale rdalek1967 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 08:07:40 UTC 2013

James Tyrer wrote:
> On 04/22/2013 03:32 AM, Dale wrote:
>> Doug wrote:
>>> I haven't been following this thread since I don't recognize the
>>> command
>>> "kget" but I looked at this one, and see the statement that there
>>> probably
>>> will not be a KDE5. Does this mean that KDE will be phased out and
>>> replaced
>>> with something else? I hope that the KDE folks are not going the way of
>>> Ubuntu! Without KDE, I might very well be driven back to Windows. I
>>> think of KDE as a Windows-compatible GUI without the crap that MS
>>> makes you put up with. (Windows prior to Win 8, of course!) I could
>>> never be happy with the Ubuntu protocols and politics.
>>>
>>> --doug
>>>

>> I watch this link:
>>
>> http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules
>>
>> It listed KDE5 not to long ago but seems to be gone now.  Hmmmmmmm.   It
>> still has the KDE4 stuff tho.
>
> Thanks for the link Dale.  I looked under 4.10 and note with my usual
> sense of irony that a new feature is planed for KGet. :-\
>
> http://bit.ly/XS8Mjy
>
> But, no mention of improving the XDG support.

Well, I put in a roach report about a year or so ago.  I want to get rid
of the random feature for my desktop background.  I have tons of pics
that are like time lapse and such.  When done in random, especially
between THOUSANDS of pics, they don't make sense anymore.  Well, I'm
still waiting for the little button to DISABLE that thing.  I'm sure it
took some coding to put it in so it shouldn't be to hard to disable the
stupid thing.  lol

I figure KDE5 will have a nifty disable button.  :/

Dale

:-)  :-)