[kde-linux] How to Get the Combination of NTFS-3g and Konqueror (as a file manager) to consume less CPU

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Mon Sep 17 19:21:58 UTC 2012

Hi all,

On Mon, 3 Sep 2012 20:18:44 +0300
Shlomi Fish <shlomif at shlomifish.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a laptop with the following specifications:

Replying to myself, I'd like to ask whether anyone can help with this issue? Are any
KDE dolphin/konqueror developers subscribed to this mailing list? Should I ask
elsewhere?

One note is that I noticed it also happens when I browse the ntfs-3g partition using
Dolphin. It does not happen with GNOME's Nautilus, but I naturally prefer Konqueror. It
may be because Konqueror and Dolphin keep rescanning the directory which inflicts the
load on ntfs-3g, but I don't know for sure.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish