[kde-linux] image viewer orientation

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Thu Sep 6 13:47:13 UTC 2012

[KDE 4.6.5 on Fedora 15]

I recently took a lot of pictures on my camera and smartphone. Usually I
use Konqueror or Gwenview to review them. But there is a disconnect between
the orientation I see in those apps, and what the images actually are as
shown by the Konqueror preview image. The preview image actually shows the
proper orientation, upside-down even, whereas Konqueror and Gwenview auto-
rotate them to a "proper" view for display. This is deceiving, and I can't
trust these apps to show me the as-recorded orientation.

Is there an app that will show me the proper as-shot orientation that the
image preview uses?