[kde-linux] Key binding for "Toggle whether window is on all workspaces or just one"

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 18:36:41 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 10:50 AM, Pablo Sanchez <pablo at blueoakdb.com> wrote:
> [ Comments below, in-line ]
>

> On 10/17/2012 01:48 PM, Mark Knecht wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>     Is there a key binding, or can I somehow make one, such that an
>> application like Virtualbox which has already been put in Full Screen
>> mode can then be made to appear on all desktops?
>>

> Hi Mark,
>
> Would a KWin Rule possibly address your need?  I think it might.
>
> Please see http://userbase.kde.org/KWin_Rules
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Pablo Sanchez

Humm, it might. It's worth some study anyway as I've never looked at
(and don't understand) this part of KDE.

There are some rule capabilities I can see for moving an app to all
desktops, and a quick test seemed to make it work for the app where I
invoked the rule editor. However I'll need to understand is how to
link a rule to a specific key binding to make it work properly. (I
think...) I run lots of Virtualbox VMs but I only want one to operate
this way, and I don't want it this way all the time.

Anyway, thanks for pointing me in an interesting direction. Maybe
others have some ideas that will tie this together.

Cheers,
Mark