[kde-linux] Remove KDE Wallet password

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 20:05:09 UTC 2012

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 11:35 AM, Werner Joss
<werner at hoernerfranzracing.de> wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 29. November 2012, 11:26:16 schrieb Mark Knecht:
>> Humm....then it must be something about the configuration where I
>> don't store the URLs in the same place so the place where I do store
>> them acts different.
>>
>> I have no idea at this point why Chrome stores passwords in it's own
>> section of the wallet...
>>
>> Thanks for your help!
>
> you're welcome :)
> and sorry, that it didn't work for you.
> must be chrome's culprit, somehow ;-)
>
> Werner

Well, at least my major complaint about having to enter the wallet
password for every Chrome tab is handled by removing the wallet
password. Chrome handles every tab as a separate process ID and so I
guess the wallet just sees every tab as a new reason to get in my way.
Anyway, that's not a problem and it's not a big deal to figure out the
passwords when a form is filled in and only showing stars. I have a
special URL that prints that out in a dialog box. It would just be
nice to be able to read them in the wallet.

Again, thanks!

Cheers,
Mark