[kde-linux] Remove KDE Wallet password

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 17:17:02 UTC 2012

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 11:56 AM, Werner Joss
<werner at hoernerfranzracing.de> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 28. November 2012, 11:41:25 schrieb Mark Knecht:
>> The problem was finding kwalletmanager which I believe I've done in
>> System Settings.
>
> you can also start it by just typing 'kwalletmanager' in krunner (ALT-F2) or
> konsole...
>
>> I've changed a few things to keep the wallet open,
>> but I still am being asked to enter a wallet password to use it which
>> I don't want to do.
>
> hm,
> mine has an option to set the general password: right click the wallet, then
> choose 'change password' (which can be empty)
>
> Werner

Hi,
   Mostly I have this working OK now. I've removed the main wallet
password and set the manager to make it visible in the tray as well as
not closing when the last app closes. All that works and I'm not
getting too many requests which is good.

   One thing I haven't figured out yet is how to see the actual saved
passwords. I've found the links it's saved passwords for but they are
listed as binary data and not editable. Is there a way to make the
saved passwords visible? In Firefox, for instance, they are password
protected but once the password is entered you can see the actual
password.

Thanks,
Mark