[kde-linux] Remove KDE Wallet password

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Thu Nov 29 17:03:12 UTC 2012

Anne Wilson wrote:

>> A quirk that's always annoyed me a bit.  kwalletmanager runs in
>> your systray, but is hidden when there is no currently-open wallet
>> (ie, click the ^ thing on the right of your systray to see hidden
>> items).
>>
> If you right-click on the ^ you can get System Tray properties.
> There, on the Entries page, you can change the visibility setting so
> that it is "Always Visible".

Indeed, the "quirk" I've always wanted to try to help fix was that running
kwalletmanager by hand seems to do nothing and is confusing.  I'd argue it
should show it's window onscreen in that case instead of hiding.

The product, my_annoyance_level * my_freetime,  has yet to reach a threshold
of actually doing anything constructive to fix it yet. :-/

-- rex