[kde-linux] KMail Problems with Latest Dovecot

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Mon Nov 12 09:08:56 UTC 2012

I am using Dovecot IMAP on an Debian Sid box. Every major update of this is a
big problem. Anyway, it now seems to require a namespace but gives an error is
that namespace has a blank prefix. So I am forced to enter SOMETHING. Then it
works and my localhost (using KMail) and my Android can use it.

However, KMail tries to open a folder based on that spurious prefix and gives
an error box time after time. A harmless pain in the ...

The prefix is meant to facilitate a tree of namespaces, I believe, not to
designate a mail folder.