[kde-linux] Konqueror and Dolphin using 100% CPU

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Thu Mar 8 11:44:32 UTC 2012

Dale posted on Thu, 08 Mar 2012 01:07:41 -0600 as excerpted:

> I did my updates yesterday.  I'll open Konqueror and see if it is fixed.
>  As I mentioned before, I want it fixed even if I don't use them any
>  more.

Yeah, as long as the "bug" isn't a design feature (like the akonadifiying
of all of kdepim, bug for me, feature for the devs doing it), getting it
fixed even if I've moved on is always good.  I think they're doing some
of that with nepomuk and the semantic-desktop stuff, now.  4.8.1 brings
continued focus and fixes in that area, and that's a good thing, even if
I'm building kde with USE=-semantic-desktop, these days.

But unlike semantic-desktop, I do still keep konqueror and dolphin
installed and they remain of some use as fallbacks, etc.

Meanwhile, do test and see if it's fixed.  And with the hints that window
resizing and sort by size might have been problematic, you can perhaps
see if you can similarly narrow down the problem, if not.