[kde-linux] Konqueror and Dolphin using 100% CPU

Dale rdalek1967 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 00:24:08 UTC 2012

Duncan wrote:
> Dale posted on Mon, 05 Mar 2012 10:58:42 -0600 as excerpted:
>
>> What other file managers are there that are similar to Konqueror, other
>> than Dolphin of course?  I'm going to do some searches too.  There has
>> to be something that I can leave unattended without heating up a room
>> for no reason.
>
> Yeah, it's no longer winter here in the Northern hemisphere, the heat
> hurts, now.
>
> First thought tho I've never tried it personally, krusader.  It's still
> kde, but is designed as a double-paned FM.  YMMV.  (For all I know the
> two panes are both dolphin-views now, and it won't make a difference, but
> they might not be, too, as a dual-paned FM is different.)  Try it, is all
> I can say, and tell me how you like it.  I've always thought I might try
> it someday myself.

Remember my post a while back that said just because I don't respond
doesn't mean I'm not trying?  Well, I installed and been testing
krusader for the past few days.  I didn't want to post to quick because
I jinxed it last time when I thought Konqueror was working.  Anyway, I
switched it so that everything opens with Krusader and so far,
everything works fine.  It's not like Konqueror which is what I am used
to but it doesn't slam my CPU either.

I'm still going to try and get it to look like Konqueror tho.  I got to
find the magic button to get the pane on the left tho.  lol

Thanks for the suggestion.  Makes me wonder what else is out there tho.
 ;-)

Dale

:-)  :-)

how you interpreted my words!