[kde-linux] KDE, Bluetooth, Samsung Galaxy Note

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Fri Jul 27 04:46:42 UTC 2012

Jerome Yuzyk posted on Thu, 26 Jul 2012 21:30:15 -0600 as excerpted:

> trying to pair the phone with the laptop presents a
> screen (on the phone) for a PIN number I haven't set anywhere, and
> aren't given enough time to enter before the phone gives up on the
> pairing.

FWIW, PIN="personal identification number", so referring to a "pin
number" is referring to a "personal identification number number".  Yes,
I know it's an incredibly common reference, but that doesn't make it any
less distracting/irritating when I see it.

Sort of like "hot water heater"...  The water can't be hot /enough/, or
there'd be no reason to heat it!  It's a /cold/ water heater!  (Tho here
in Phoenix in the summer, "hot water heater" isn't an entirely inaccurate
description, actually.  Even without additional heat, the water comes out
of the tap at ~30C/86F.)

> Bluetooth is new to me.

Unfortunately, BT's not something I've used either so no personal
experience here to help you from, but I can't just leave you hangin' with
only the number-number complaint, so hopefully... Google to the rescue!
http://wiki.debian.org/BluetoothUser
I just tried it so here's a link to the quick "bluetooth kde
pin" (without the quotes) google I did.  The Debian Wiki hit (first hit
from here) looks useful, containing information for kde, gnome, and
alternatives, tho as I said I've no personal experience so can't validate
it.

http://www.google.com/search?q=bluetooth+kde+pin

http://wiki.debian.org/BluetoothUser