[kde-linux] Strigi-0.7.6

Alex Schuster wonko at wonkology.org
Thu Jul 5 13:23:22 UTC 2012

Mark Knecht writes:

> On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 4:56 AM, James Tyrer <jrtyrer at earthlink.net>
> wrote:
> > On 07/04/2012 04:01 PM, Mark Knecht wrote:

> >> Running strigi-0.7.7 on Gentoo as part of the stable KDE release.
> >>
> > I presume that there are tarballs on Gentoo then.  However, a Google
> > search didn't find them and I don't know how to find bare sources on
> > Gentoo -- but that would still be getting it through a distro.
> >
> > Other distros also have it -- including SRC RPMs.  However, there is
> > no actual release tarball from the developers.  Where did they get it?
> >
> > Now BLFS has posted Strigi-0.7.7 (2012-07-04) and are suggesting
> > Debian for a download.  But that is only a workaround to the problem
> > that there is no release tarball for 0.7.6 and 0.7.7.

> The Gentoo ebuild for strigi-0.7.7 seems to point to a KDE repository
> so I'm not sure why you think it isn't released but maybe I'm
> misunderstanding you.

Hmm, it tries to get it from git://anongit.kde.org/strigi only if the
version is 9999, meaning it will fetch the current Git version. For 0.7.7,
it fetches this:
http://dev.gentoo.org/~johu/distfiles/strigi-0.7.7.tar.xz

Maybe a Gentoo developer also had trouble with the package and so he made
a tarball hinself?

	Wonko