[kde-linux] desktop wallpapers disappeared at boot

Jethro Tull heavytull at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 24 13:10:11 UTC 2012

When I started my computer (Slackware 13.37 with kde) the wallpapers and widgets of the four desktops were missing.
Only the following error related to kde appears in the system log:

24/01/2012 11:02:31    Sckay    console-kit-daemon[1467]    WARNING: Failed to acquire org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit
24/01/2012 11:02:31    Sckay    console-kit-daemon[1467]    WARNING: Could not acquire name; bailing out

the kde version is 4.5.5

Since I didn't like to see naked walls I set some new wallpapers, and these were conserved after reboot but after some time they disappeared.

After playing with the kde settings I restored my configuration by shifting the kde activity. But still I don"t understand why this changed suddenly.

Reagrds,

heavytull