[kde-linux] Konqueror KDE-4.8 BRANCH

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 14 16:35:44 UTC 2012

On 11/01/12 09:34, Duncan wrote:
> You don't use a different file manager depending on what you want to do,
> you use the default dumbed-down dolphin if you're the type who can't
> figure out shell wildcards let alone regular expressions and presumably
> can't figure out how to change the default file manager either, otherwise
> you use an intelligent file manager that lets you do what you want,
> whether that's always the same thing with the same file manager, or
> different things with different managers depending on the task at hand.

Far from being dumbed down, for a while I was using Dolphin in KDE 4 and
Konqueror (3.5) in CentOS 5 and kept being utterly frustrated that
Konqueror was so much less able as a file manager.  If filtering by
extension is what you need, you do it in much the same way as you would
in Windows - use the Details view, ensure that Type is one of the
details shown, and select that column - simple! :-)

Need KDE help?  Try
http://userbase.kde.org or
Http://forum.kde.org