[kde-linux] Konqueror KDE-4.8 BRANCH

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 11 03:39:42 UTC 2012

I note that Konqueror lists the version as 4.7.97 but I updated the
branch last night.

I find that the View Filter icon is now available again.  It can be
placed on either the Location Toolbar or the Extra Tool bar although the
toolbar name in the configuration dialog (Filter Toolbar <DirFilter>) is
still wrong.  There is no Filter Toolbar; if it is going to be added to
the Location Toolbar, that is what it should say.

I also note that the KDE throbber is back although it is on the Location
Toolbar (putting it on the didn't seem to work with Qt.

I spent considerable time on the throbber and it is nice to see it again.

IAC, about the throbber, the largest that I made was 48x48 and wondered
if KDE now needed larger versions, I have the SVN files and could easily
make them.

So, Konqueror can filter by file extension and Dolphin can filter by
string.  Did someone actually think about this design?  Obviously, you
shouldn't have to use two different application for file management
based on what you want to do.  Both apps should have both features.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch