[kde-linux] Konqueror and Dolphin using 100% CPU

Alex Schuster wonko at wonkology.org
Tue Feb 28 11:37:20 UTC 2012

Anne Wilson writes:

> On 27/02/12 14:53, Dale wrote:

> > Well, it appears that no matter the settings, it takes one core to
> > 100% and does something.  I renamed the config file and it still
> > does it. Maybe the next upgrade will have a fix.
> >
> > I know the differences but the point was that I don't have it set
> > to be different or to remember the settings for each directory.  I
> > also disabled previews all the way around.  It still does it.
> >
> > Maybe I should use another file manager other than KDE provided
> > ones for a while.

> I saw that you are using 4.8, but I didn't see the distro mentioned
> (sorry if I missed it).  Just wondering whether it could be a distro
> package error.

He's using Gentoo, like me. I have some Dolphin problems myself, but they
are different. And with 4.8, Dolphin finally has became usable for me.

But I don't have Dale's problems. I see no  high CPU usage, and my preview
settings are being respected. I also have Dolphin configured to use the
same view for all folders.

	Wonko