[kde-linux] Howto (sorta) migrate from kmail (maildir) to (mbox) Re: 'Fetch Error' on exit

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Wed Feb 8 03:08:07 UTC 2012

[ Comments below, in-line ]

On 02/07/2012 09:56 PM, Duncan wrote:
> And I can also say that I've been very happy with claws-mail as a
> replacement, altho the conversion wasn't particularly easy.

Sadly, I too gave up on kmail2 and instead, I went the Thunderbird
route.  I briefly looked at Claws but it didn't suit my needs.  I
found Thunderbird with the zillions of add-ons, quite usable.

I wrote a hack job of a shell script to convert my kmail (maildir)
mailboxes (hierarchies included!).  It can be found here:

http://pablo-blueoakdb.blogspot.com/2012/01/migrate-kmail-to-thunderbird-or-convert.html

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926         Blog:  http://pablo.blog.blueoakdb.com